Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Lage Raho Munna Bhai

To write a review about an Indian movie is sometimes one of the most boring things to do. I would have thought of blogging about a movie only if I have nothing else to do.

But I am writing this blog in the middle of a busy day. I am unable to get out of the halucination of still watching "Lage Raho Munnabhai". The chemical imbalance of seeing Munnabhai beside me every minute is still on.

'Mahatma' has been long forgotten by the world. To get his ideology back into perspective in a manner where even a tapori can understand his principles makes this movie stand apart from any other movie that was I watched from the time I started watching movies.

The story starts on a normal day where Munna bhai is in love with a RJ and develops into him seeing 'Bapu'. The way he solves various problems afterwards is very similar to how he solves problems in Munnabhai MBBS.

When the doctor proves that Munna seeing Gandhiji is just an hallucination, implying Munna is acting only according to his abilities and not as directed by Gandhiji, shows how a person can inculcate and follow Gandhian principles by merely reading about the great soul. To put his principles into perspective requires a lot of courage and will power is aptly potrayed in different scenes, like Munna apologizing to Circuit and dealing with Lucky Singh.

None of the solutions offered in this movie to existing problems are radical. Rather they are funny and seem to be very apt. But will Gandhian principles come back into the corrupted Indian world is a question mark.

I don't want to make this blog a review of performances of different actors because, I am unable to make myself fully beleive that this was just a movie and not something that happened in front of my eyes.

No comments: